Sunday, September 6, 2009

Training: Slowtwitch Online Training Log


The online training log offered by triathlon's most beloved website (containing the sport's most notorious forum) is free and chock full of useful features. The benefits of maintaining a training log are widely-known and irrefutable- one can track progress, gain confidence before a race, make notes about aches, pains, enjoyable encounters, write race reports, and much more. The graphical conversion of training volume and electronically-facilitated online convenience means that ST's online training log offers an unparalleled recording experience.

View the training log page with demo here

I have personally been using the log for the last 9 months and can't recommend it more fully. When I login, I'm met with a screen containing: 1) a horizontal scrollbar/calendar that lists my complete training history, 2) a bar graph containing the volume of my training activities (swim, bike, run, nordic ski, walk, other), and a line graph depicting the fluctuation of my body weight for the past month. In addition, on the left this screen contains the most recent activities of other members, the newest members, and the most active members. After entering in my workout (recording date, sport, route, duration, distance, intensity, [with my avg. speed and pace calculated for me], ave HR, and adding some quick or descriptive notes), I check out the workout page and see a listing of each past workout along with a pie chart depicting the percentage each sport takes up of my total training volume (currently holding stable at 25% Swim, 50% Bike, 25% Run).

In addition, 'Goals' and 'Challenges' sections facilitate more excitement and enjoyment, along with developing camaraderie with your fellow slowtwitchers. Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment