Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Best Triathlon Ad Ever

Background:

Italian saddle maker fi'zi:k printed a provocative ad in Triathlete Magazine about a year ago featuring top female pro triathlete Sam McGlone. The ad, understandably, demonstrated quite a stir and became very recognizable. I believe it's very well done and certainly grabs your attention. Well, now it's been surpassed.



The Best Triathlon Ad Ever:
Take two of my favorite things- trisports.com, an excellent tri shop that provides brilliant customer service, and Andy Potts, a widely renowned ex-college swimmer turned Olympian triathlete and top Kona finisher who is renowned for both his happy disposition and powerful competitive spirit- and combine them. I give you the Andy Potts Trisports.com ad recently featured in Triathlete Magazine:




Instantly recognizing the McGlone ad format, I actually laughed out loud. I appreciate the humor of this ad so much that I am going to buy something from Trisports.com just because they made it. But in all seriousness, they're an excellent company that I've had great interactions with in the past. And Potts, whose sense of humor is photographically proven above, seems by all means to be one of our sports greatest champions both on and off the course. Bravo.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was a great ad too. made me proud to represent a Co. with a sense of humor. use the cuopon code IMIKE-S and save yourself some $

    ReplyDelete