Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cycling in Spokane: Images From Today's Ride - Part Deux

In a previous post, I uploaded photos that I took during a beautiful ride north of Spokane. I just now finished a beautiful ride west of Spokane and thought I would do the same. Low-traffic, smooth chip-seal roads are again heavily featured, as is gorgeous scenery on a day with perfect weather. I went out through the 'Pleasant Prairie' area and rode through foothills and across a few open plains. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves, even if they can't attest to the symphony of birds and sensation of a warm breeze that also accompanied the ride.


Though without a shoulder, the roads are made safer by the very low traffic level and high visibility. I'm able to monitor cars as they approach and ensure that I've been noticed. 



My view to the left....

And my view to the right...

Agriculture made for low population density and ensured expansive views with lots of greenery. 

This picture isn't spectacular, but it does represent the feeling of being able to open up and just hammer in the aero position out alone on open roads. I thought back to the endless hours spent studying on the bike trainer over the winter and smiled. 


The start of a long, fast descent


My favorite photo from the ride, some of the scenery was simply stunning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment