Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today's Run: The Road to Chong Fah Waterfall



While doing some focused training in Thailand, I came upon a beautiful, winding road comprised of gentle rollers meandering through groves, orchards, and jungles. I brought along a camera on today's run and thought I would share some photos:

The run starts out level before moving into the jungle-clad hills

Pam trees and power lines serve as an apt metaphor for Thailand's juxtaposition of rampant development and natural beauty


One of the many orchard-lined sections during the run. 
Little buckets for collecting tapped rubber hang from the trees (not visible in this photo)


Some lilies in blossom with purple flowers complement two buildings associated with one of the larger estates


I saw four cars on the 12km/7.4mi run. Must've been rush hour on the very low-traffic road. 


The orchards give way to dense jungle as the road climbs gently into the hills



The view to my left

The view to my right


When I first ran this road and saw the concrete give way to dirt, you should've seen the smile on my face

With the more remote dirt road comes some excellent views


Dirt roads lead to some of the best places


The jungle asserts itself


A beautiful outlook just before the turn-around point


Perspective shot


The road offers up a return to asphalt and I very begrudgingly accept


No comments:

Post a Comment